Rutherford County, TN -- Rutherford County Fire Rescue's (RCFR) Fire Marshal's Office and the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office (RCSO) arrested Kenneth Gibbs, 42, of Rutherford County on Monday, September 5 and charged him with attempted aggravated arson, attempted vandalism, and additional charges by RCSO.
The call came in around 5:30 p.m. on Labor Day after the RCSO responded to a reported domestic disturbance on McElroy Road in Readyville.
RCFR Fire Marshal's Office with the assistance of task force members from the City of La Vergne Fire Marshal's Office and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, & Explosives (ATF), responded due to reports of an attempt to set fire to the residence. Concluding a joint investigation by the task force and RCSO, Gibbs was charged, arrested, and booked into the Rutherford County Adult Detention Center on $43,000 bond. His hearing is set for November 7.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Other WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Suspect who allegedly escaped from custody apprehended in Auburntown, TN
- Public Meeting on Wednesday about Middle TN Electric / City of Murfreesboro Land Swap
- Rifles and Ammo Stolen from Christiana - Fosterville Area Home
- Jogger who was kidnapped in Memphis, TN believed to be found dead - One arrested
- Gas Station in Smyrna where Clerk was Murdered to Donate .50-Cents Per Gallon to Family
- Purse Theft - Rutherford Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating
- Early Tuesday Morning Accidents on I-24 in Murfreesboro / 1-Seriously Injured