MURFREESBORO, TN - Detectives in Murfreesboro are asking for assistance in identifying a person of interest in a theft/fraud case. According to the MPD, on September 5th a man entered the Verizon store on Thompson Lane and told store employees he lost his phone. The man allegedly told workers that he needed two new phones and phone lines.
The man proceeded to purchase two iPhone 13 Max Pro phones and opened two new phone lines while reportedly using a stolen ID. The fraudulent purchases totaled $2,633.98. A line of credit was also opened with Community Bank and over $10,500 was spent through an online purchase from Jared Jewelry.
Murfreesboro Police have issued a “Be On the Lookout” (BOLO) for the subject who has yet to be identified. Police ask that if anyone recognizes this individual or has any information regarding the investigation, please contact Detective Ray Daniel at (629) 201-5512.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
More WGNS News Headlines:
- Gas Prices in Rutherford County Remain Under the $3 Price Point
- Subject wanted by Smyrna Police after alleged theft
- Best Cities for Beer Lovers? Murfreesboro Made the List!
- After 1 Collapsed Lung and Two Weeks in the NICU, Murfreesboro Baby is Home
- Local Author Releases New Book in Murfreesboro
- New $7.1 Million Tennis Facility Announced for MTSU
- Three New Members Join Rutherford County School Board
- UPDATE: Driver of Minivan Killed After Driving Into Oncoming Traffic on I-24 at S. Church St.
- Car Burst Into Flames Friday Night off of Old Fort Pkwy