(MURFREESBORO, TN) There was a fatal accident on Interstate 24 in Murfreesboro during the early AM hours of Friday morning. The wreck involved a vehicle driving in the wrong direction, according to a report filed by the Tennessee Highway Patrol. The accident occurred at 3:20 AM on Friday (09/16/22).
The preliminary accident report released by the THP shows that a Murfreesboro woman is believed to have driven onto the westbound exit ramp of I-24 at the South Church Street interchange. The 23-year-old woman, who was driving eastbound, collided head-on with a tractor trailer truck that was traveling in the correct westbound lane at exit 81.
Haley Allen was driving a 2003 Dodge Caravan when she ran into a 2021 Freightliner semi-truck that was contracted by Amazon. The 46-year-old truck driver from Ohio was wearing his seat belt and authorities report he was not injured. 23-Year-old Allen died at the scene of the collision on Friday morning.
More WGNS Radio News Headlines:
- Seniors Slip N' Slide into the 25th Celebration of AdamsPlace
- Man Claiming to be Sheriff's Sgt. Calling Local Starbucks - Harassing Employees by Name
- Fraud that possibly started at a Bellevue ice cream shop
- Home Invasion on Bradyville Pike
- Subject Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Cash Tampered Check
- Rutherford County Man Arrested in Internet Crimes Against Children Case
- Scam Artist Tries to Withdraw Cash in Murfreesboro from the Account of Texas Woman
- Tennessee Unemployment Rate is UP Slightly
- LaVergne Fire Department offers new program to residents
- UPDATE: Daylighting Town Creek in Murfreesboro
- Education Commissioner and Lawmakers to Host Community Forum