(TENNESSEE) The Tennessee Department of Health is recognizing Child Health Month throughout October. This annual recognition celebrates and raises awareness about programs devoted to the health of Tennessee’s children, our most important resource.
Tennesseans have faced many challenges in the last two years and TDH is excited to celebrate this year’s Child Health Month theme, New Beginnings. Together with our local and state partners TDH is ensuring parents, caregivers, teachers, and community members are equipped with the tools they need to promote healthy practices to Tennessee’s children.
TDH will promote a number of focus areas during Child Health Month to ensure children and families receive valuable information for their overall health:
- Tobacco and Substance Abuse Prevention
- Promoting Healthy Eating Habits and Healthy Drinks
- Weekly Child Health Topic Lunch and Learns
- Social and Emotional Health
- Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Preventing Childhood Trauma
Join TDH in celebrating Child Health Month! Visit tn.gov/health/CHM2022 to find activities and events in your community.
The mission of the Tennessee Department of Health is to protect, promote and improve the health and prosperity of people in Tennessee. Learn more about TDH services and programs at www.tn.gov/health.
More WGNS News Headlines:
- Rutherford Co. Schools Hit Record Number of Students at Almost 51,000
County Schools in Midst of Pay-Scale Study Right Now
- UPDATE: Shots Fired Call this past Saturday Night Outside of Local Mall on Old Fort Pkwy
- Sunday Afternoon Shooting - Man in Stable Condition
- MPD Canceled "BOLO" For Man in Alleged Liquor Store Theft
- Uncle Dave Macon Days in Murfreesboro at New Location This October
- Gas Prices Remain Under $3 Per Gallon in Rutherford County This Week