(COFFEE COUNTY, TN) In nearby Coffee County, the death of an inmate at the local jail remains under investigation. The man, whose name has not been released, became ill during the booking process and died on Monday, December 12, 2022.
Evidently, the subject was transported to the facility from another agency, arriving at the jail in Manchester, Tennessee at approximately 6:15 Monday morning.
The 26-year-old white male was originally transported to the Coffee County Jail because of an outstanding warrant. The man was in the process of being booked when corrections staff saw the individual in some type of medical distress. The Coffee County Sheriff’s Office reported, “Medical personnel at the facility came to assist along with County EMS being called. The individual was then transported to a local hospital where the subject later died.”
After the man’s death, the Coffee County Sheriff’s Department notified the District Attorney’s office along with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. The subject’s identity is not being released at this time. The subject was transported to Nashville for an autopsy where his body remains, as of Wednesday.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Legacy Sports Propose Massive Sports & Entertainment Venue in Murfreesboro and Fall into Financial Hardship
- State Rep. Releases Details on New Legislation to Help Save for Retirement
- Bedford Co. Standoff Ends with Man Dying of Self-Inflicted Wound
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Stealing Almost $200k from Area Church
- Tennessee 9th Fastest Growing State in US