A report is being prepared that highlights the wellbeing of children in Tennessee, which will be released on January 11, 2023. WGNS confirmed on Thursday that the report shows children and their caregivers continue to face significant challenges, according to authors of The State of the Child 2022. This year’s release evaluates the most recent available data on child well-being in economics, education, health, child welfare and youth justice.
WGNS’ Scott Walker touched base on some of the findings… A positive change for children that Tennessee saw was the historic improvement in the number of children living in poverty - with a decline that outpaced the country as a whole. You will be able to see the report in its entirety next week (January 11, 2023). Information in the study is put together by the Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth.
- Again, the full report will be released on Wednesday, January 11th.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Murfreesboro Center for the Arts Presents "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
- Former LaVergne High School AND Virginia Commonwealth University Athlete Dies
- $12,000+ Theft / Fraud Case in Murfreesboro, TN Area
- Rutherford Co. School Students Participate in Healthcare Career Program
- Resident Informs Murfreesboro Council of Homeless Encampment
- UPDATE: Two Killed in Tuesday Evening Auto Accident on Fortress Blvd.
- This Saturday – You Can Take the Polar Bear Dip in the Polar Bear Plunge
- Woman Wanted for Questioning in Vacuum Cleaner Theft / Refund Case
- The Flu in Tennessee – Take Precautions Now as Flu Numbers Rise
- The Local “House of the Mayors” is Now a Memory
- Apply for Your Child to Attend the Discovery School in Murfreesboro
- I-24 Christmas Day Murder Case Remains Under Investigation