Murfreesboro, Tenn. – Planning on making a drive into nearby Williamson County this weekend? Use caution as Middle Tennessee Electric (MTE) workers and contractors are scheduled to conduct work on electrical lines across I-840 in Williamson County at McDaniel Road in Arrington on Sunday morning, Jan. 8.
Guardian Traffic Control will assist with roadblocks, stopping traffic so the work can be performed as quickly and safely as possible by MTE Crews.
About Middle Tennessee Electric (MTE) - Founded in 1936, MTE is the largest electric cooperative in the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) region and the second largest in the United States, serving more than 750,000 Tennesseans via 325,000+ accounts covering nearly 2,200 square miles in 11 Middle Tennessee counties, primarily Rutherford, Cannon, Williamson and Wilson. Municipalities served include Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood, Smyrna, La Vergne, Lebanon and Mt. Juliet. MTE employs 520 people in seven local offices and its Murfreesboro corporate headquarters.
MTE’s subsidiary, United Communications, is a nationally recognized broadband company with a fiber network spanning more than 1,700 route miles providing high-speed internet and other services to portions of Williamson, Rutherford, Marshall, Bedford, Franklin, Wilson and Davidson counties.
For more information, please visit www.mte.com.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Man Allegedly Breaks Into a Local Preschool and Stays for Over an Hour
- New Bridges to be Built Over I-24 and the Stones River
- UPDATE: Names of Those Involved in Double Fatality Accident Released
- UPDATE: Charges Against Shoplifters are Pending
- VA Hospital is Hiring Nurses during a Hiring Fair on Thursday (01/12/23)
- Murfreesboro City Council OK's WastAway Biogas Faciltiy / Design
- Murfreesboro Center for the Arts Presents "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
- Former LaVergne High School AND Virginia Commonwealth University Athlete Dies
- $12,000+ Theft / Fraud Case in Murfreesboro, TN Area
- Rutherford Co. School Students Participate in Healthcare Career Program
- Woman Wanted for Questioning in Vacuum Cleaner Theft / Refund Case
- The Flu in Tennessee – Take Precautions Now as Flu Numbers Rise
- The Local “House of the Mayors” is Now a Memory