(Rutherford County, TN) Newly elected State Rep. Robert Stevens, a Republican from Smyrna, was officially sworn in as a member of the Tennessee House of Representatives on Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
Stevens took the oath of office during the first legislative day of the 113th General Assembly. He was elected in November of last year to represent House District 13, which includes part of Rutherford County.
“I am extremely humbled and honored to continue serving the residents of Rutherford County in this new role,” Stevens said. “I remain committed to protecting our freedoms, keeping our communities safe and defending the most vulnerable among us. Tennessee is thriving, and we must ensure that success continues for future generations.”
Stevens is an attorney who received his juris doctorate from the University of Memphis and his bachelor’s degree from Lipscomb University. He most recently served on the Rutherford County Commission and is immediate past president of the Rotary Club of Smyrna. He attends Smyrna Church of Christ and is a member of the Sons of the American Revolution.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Serious Auto Accident on Tuesday, 5-Transported to Hospital
- Annual Report on Tennessee Child Wellbeing Finds Decline in Poverty
- Trial Date Set for Final Suspect in Terry Barber Murder Case
- Murfreesboro City Schools Hosting Job Fair
- Rutherford Co. Chamber Announces Distinguished Award Recipients
- The 2023 Bonnaroo Music Concert Announces Artist Lineup
- Deadly Accident on I-840 Tuesday Morning