Williamson County, TN - Just one county over in Williamson County, a 21-year-old man was arrested for driving 128-miles-per-hour. The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office reports the speeding incident started on I-65 this past Saturday.
Eriberto Mendoza is accused of passing a Sheriff’s Deputy at 92-miles-per-hour, which was 22-miles-per-hour over the speed limit. Reports indicate he allegedly pushed the pedal even harder while traveling down Interstate 65 when the deputy pulled-in behind him. The Sheriff’s Office says he thrusted the small black Nissan Maxima to the limit, traveling up to 128-miles per hour. Once he hit 128, he was traveling almost twice the speed limit, driving 58-miles-per-hour over the posted 70 MPH zone.
The suspect exited the interstate onto Highway 96, which is the Murfreesboro Road exit in Franklin. Mr. Mendoza reportedly stopped his vehicle in the turn lane, which was when the deputy ordered him out of the car at gunpoint. Authorities say they found drugs in his vehicle, evidently enough to charge him with possession of marijuana for distribution. The Sheriff's Office reports the weed was seized, along with over $1,000 in cash.
While Mendoza had a clean record, at least in Williamson and other nearby counties, he was arrested. Mendoza was charged with speeding, evading arrest, reckless endangerment and possession of marijuana for distribution. The Lewisburg, TN man was transported to the Williamson County Jail on the morning of February 18, 2023 and released later that evening on bond.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Riverdale High School Senior Honors Brother who Won Fight Against Cancer
- No Serious Injuries in Thursday Rollover Accident on S. Church St.
- New TN Bill Focuses on Gender Dysphoria Treatment for Minors
- New Assistant Rutherford Co. Schools Safety Director Hired
- Warrant Obtained for Shoplifting Suspect
- A Fast-Food French Fry Assault Reported in Murfreesboro
- 12-Year-Old Murfreesboro Child in Need of New Kidney - Listen to our Interview
- Rodeo to be in Murfreesboro on March 3rd and 4th - Bull Riding and More
- Murfreesboro Police Investigating $1,200+ Shoplifting Incident
- Mid TN Electric Earns Champion Award
- 93rd Annual General Conference for TN National Guard in Murfreesboro
- Robotic Competition for Students
- Main Street Murfreesboro Holds 37th Annual Celebration (Hear Interviews)