MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Artist at the Alley event. The event will take place on May 1, 2023 at Saddlewood Farms in Murfreesboro to benefit the Dr. Jim Boerner Nursery- Pediatric Fund and Lee and Susan Moss Family NICU. The Foundation will welcome special guest Lauren Alaina, Grand Ole Opry member and multi-Platinum-selling singer/songwriter.
Over the next year, the Lee and Susan Moss Family NICU at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford will undergo an expansion project that will enhance the family stay and reinforce the superior treatment provided by the medical team. The anticipated project will expand the current NICU from 11,000 square feet to approximately 13,000 square feet.
“We are so excited to be hosting our 2nd annual Artist at the Alley this year,” said Gina DeJean, Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation Director. “The proceeds that we will receive from this event will allow us to help fund items to support the expansion project, such as additional NICView cameras, bereavement support, and continuing education for our NICU caregivers. The expansion of the NICU department will allow us to serve more of our most vulnerable patients, keeping them and their families closer to home. This new space will include six additional fully equipped specialty care beds, providing room for 22 NICU babies and space for multiples."
In addition, there will be ample space for state-of-the-art technology, enhancing a new family waiting room and renovating sleep rooms for NICU parents and babies. Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford, cares for an average of 421 NICU infants each year, so it's more important than ever to provide quality and compassionate care to our growing community.”
The evening will begin with a dinner provided by the Alley on Main and an open bar offering beer and wine, followed by an auction and live entertainment from the talented Lauren Alaina. Alaina, who just wrapped her second career headlining tour, On Top Of The World Tour Presented By Maurices with multiple sell-outs, has also shared the stage with superstars including Alan Jackson, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Martina McBride and Jason Aldean. Alaina sold out her own, first-ever headlining That Girl Was Me Tour, and has performed on some of the highest-profile stages in the world.
To learn more about the event, purchase tickets and/or donate, visit https://give.stthomas.org/
More WGNS News Headlines:
- New Neighborhood and Annexation of Murfreesboro Along Hwy 99
- Rutherford County Telecommunicators of the Year
- Local Non Profit Plans to Host a Family Event Day on April 29th
- One Rutherford County Community Bans the Retail Sale of Dogs and Cats
- Rutherford County High School Senior Killed in Accident
- Murfreesboro to Make Repairs on Wetland Boardwalk
- Tractor Trailer Truck Overturns on the New Salem Highway
- Murfreesboro Police Working to Identify Purse Theft Suspect
- Medical Study: 2-Medications Ineffective for Treating Severe COVID
- 50th Anniversary for Riverdale and Oakland High Schools
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
- House Sitter Rutherford Co. Saved Thanks to Phone Call from England