Above Photo: Detention Deputy Deshaun Dawson and Deputy (Donavon) Brown
UPDATED - Rutherford County, TN - Deputies from the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office witnessed the crash and jumped into action to rescue driver trapped inside the overturned semi. Officials report the three sheriff’s deputies that witnessed that semi-truck overturn on its side directly in front of them, trapping the injured driver inside on Tuesday on the New Salem Highway, recorded the incident on their patrol car dash-cam. Scroll down to watch the video that recorded the big rig making the turn from Middle Tennessee Blvd. onto the New Salem Highway near I-24.
VIDEO ADDED: Murfreesboro, TN - A Rutherford County Sheriff's Deputy captured on video (Video Above), a semi-truck overturning in Murfreesboro, TN on Tuesday (April 11, 2023). The deputy's in-car dash camera was turned on and recording when the big-rig turned onto the New Salem Highway (HWY 99) from Middle Tennessee Blvd. To see PHOTOS of the accident, CLICK HERE.
The wreck occurred on Tuesday afternoon around 1 p.m. at the Middle Tennessee Boulevard intersection and in front of Heritage Farms Dairy. According to Murfreesboro Police, the semi-truck began leaking fuel after it overturned and came to a rest on a concrete traffic divider. Hazmat crews responded to clean the contaminated area. Murfreesboro Police reported emergency responders treated patients on the scene while authorities investigated the crash.
The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office said that long delays in traffic occurred, as a result of the accident. Alternate traffic routes had to be set-up for motorist to avoid going through the area while the crash was being cleared and goods from the big rig were transferred to another trailer. The trailer contained a heavy load that included pallets of tiles. First responders and clean-up crews worked together to empty the trailer, which had to be done before a wrecker could upright the 18-wheeler.
Source: MPD and RCSO
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
More WGNS News Headlines:
- House Fire in Christiana area is Under Investigation
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford to Host Artist at the Alley
- LaVergne: Community Meetings Scheduled for Zoning Ordinance Discussion
- New Neighborhood and Annexation of Murfreesboro Along Hwy 99
- Telecommunicators of the Year Announced
- Local Non Profit Plans to Host a Family Event Day on April 29th
- One Rutherford County Community Bans the Retail Sale of Dogs and Cats
- Rutherford County High School Senior Killed in Accident
- Murfreesboro to Make Repairs on Wetland Boardwalk
- Tractor Trailer Truck Overturns on the New Salem Highway
- Murfreesboro Police Working to Identify Purse Theft Suspect
- Medical Study: 2-Medications Ineffective for Treating Severe COVID
- 50th Anniversary for Riverdale and Oakland High Schools
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
- House Sitter Rutherford Co. Saved Thanks to Phone Call from England