Smyrna, TN – WGNS has more news on an auto accident that occurred in Smyrna over the extended Easter weekend (April 8, 2023).
On Saturday evening, the parents of 17-year-old Roselyn Sorto grew concerned when their daughter didn't return home, according to a GoFundMe account that was set-up by a family friend. With great concern, her parents got in their car and drove to her last known location, as shown on their “Find my friends” app.
Within minutes, the mother and father located their daughters car that had ran off the roadway and into a wooded area near their home. Alone, Juan and Celina Sorto approached the vehicle where they found the lifeless body of their daughter... Roselyn. Sadly, the Smyrna High School senior had already breathed her last breath.
Roselyn, who was born in nearby Nashville but grew up in Smyrna, leaves behind two brothers and a sister, along with her parents and grandparents. The teen was scheduled to graduate this coming May from SHS.
Services: Visitation with the Sorto family will be Friday, April 14, 2023, from 5:00 until 10:00pm and again Saturday from 11:30 am until the time of a funeral mass beginning at 1:00pm at St. Luke Catholic Church. Burial will be in Mapleview Cemetery at 3:30pm under the direction of Woodfin Funeral Chapels.
More WGNS News Headlines:
- Murfreesboro to Make Repairs on Wetland Boardwalk
- Tractor Trailer Truck Overturns on the New Salem Highway
- Murfreesboro Police Working to Identify Purse Theft Suspect
- Medical Study: 2-Medications Ineffective for Treating Severe COVID
- 50th Anniversary for Riverdale and Oakland High Schools
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
- House Sitter Rutherford Co. Saved Thanks to Phone Call from England
- Murfreesboro: Silver Alert is No Longer Active - Found Safe
- Rutherford Co. Gas Prices this Week
- Celebrate National Library Week Locally
- Thanking Area Dispatchers