MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Murfreesboro Police Department Criminal Investigations Division detectives have arrested a man who allegedly stole an AR-15 and then fired at the owner of the weapon and two others who tried to retrieve it at an apartment complex on Wednesday, April 19. No one was shot, but several bullets struck the apartment building.
19-Year-old Anthoney Barksdale is facing three counts of aggravated assault, two counts of reckless endangerment and vandalism. Officers responded to the 100 building at the 1540 Place Apartments at 4:41 p.m. for reports of shots being fired.
The preliminary investigation shows Barksdale had an AR-15 that he allegedly stole from another man. That man and two others confronted him trying to get the weapon back. Barksdale shot at them. No one was shot, but the 100 building was damaged by the gunfire. Barksdale was injured after falling down a flight of stairs.
Barksdale is being held in the Rutherford County Adult Detention Center on a $50,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Rutherford County General Sessions Court on June 20.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Impact Fees Approved in Murfreesboro
- ACLU Files Lawsuit over New TN Bill that Bans Children from Having Sex Change
- March Unemployment Rate for Tennessee at 3.4%
- Pandemic-EBT Benefits for Eligable Students in Tennessee
- Man Arrested after Allegedly Fiiring Shots at Apartment
- The Local VA and the Road to Recovery Ruck March
- Forensics at MTSU and a Student Honored
- ATF and TBI Now Assisting with Christiana House Fire Investigation
- 200 Most Sustainable Cities - Where does Murfreesboro Rank
- Suspect Allegedly Steals Flowers from Deceased Officer’s Vehicle
- AEDs in All Murfreesboro Police Vehicles