Rutherford County, TN – WGNS has learned the TBI and the ATF are now assisting in the investigation of a house fire that occurred on April 11, 2023 in the Christiana area of Rutherford County. One person was injured in last weeks blaze that occurred on a Tuesday afternoon near the C & E Market off of Highway 231 South. See the original WGNS News Article HERE.
Rutherford County Fire & Rescue, Rutherford County Emergency Medical Services, and the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office responded to the residential structure fire around 1:00 pm. Fire Chief Larry Farley was in command of the operations. The victim in the fire was rescued from the interior of the home by RCFR firefighters. Prior to the rescue, one bystander told WGNS the subject allegedly exited the home safely and then headed back inside the structure where they became trapped.
The victim, who according to one person on the scene went back into the burning house for unknown reasons, was flown by helicopter to Nashville. There, the unnamed individual was admitted to the Vanderbilt Burn Center. The county fire department has since confirmed that the subject has since been discharged from the hospital.
The cause of the fire is remains under investigation. The Rutherford County Fire Marshal’s Office is the lead investigative agency and has received investigative assistance from the Murfreesboro Fire Marshal’s Office, La Vergne Fire Marshal’s Office, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Farley said,” I am proud of our quick response to the scene and the actions of the RC Firefighters saved this person’s life.”
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- 200 Most Sustainable Cities - Where does Murfreesboro Rank
- Suspect Allegedly Steals Flowers from Deceased Officer’s Vehicle
- AEDs in All Murfreesboro Police Vehicles
- Murfreesboro: Development Impact Fees Likely to Pass
- MTSU Honors 58-Retiring Employees
- UPDATE: Memorial Services for LaVergne Police Officer
- $250,000 in Items Seized from Middle TN Metal Company
- 4th Annual MMC Storybook Breakfast - Fundraiser for United Way
- Education Starts at Home and Supporting Local Teachers
- Free Comic Books to be Given Away by Rutherford Co. Library Branches
- Convicted Rapist in Rutherford Co. Receives 100-Year Prison Sentence
- New City Park to be Located in Blackman Area
- Are You Eligible for FEMA Funds After March 31/April 1 Storms?
- EVENT: Free Musical Concert This Saturday Evening in Murfreesboro
- EVENT: Earth Day This Saturday on Murfreesboro Square
- EVENT: Possibility Place to Host Bowling Event on Saturday
- EVENT: Barnabas Vision Hosting Family Event April 29th
- COMMENTARY: What is Political Correctness?