NASHVILLE, TN - The man killed in Sunday’s single-vehicle crash on Murfreesboro Pike in Nashville lived about 5-miles South of Eagleville in College Grove. The driver has been identified as a 28-year-old Everto J. Villatoro-Mazariegos.
The man was killed when he crashed at around 1:45 Sunday morning in the 1100 block of Murfreesboro Pike. Metro Police confirmed it was a single-vehicle accident.
Police reported the preliminary investigation shows that he was driving a Nissan Xterra at a high rate of speed when he lost control and went off the roadway. The SUV struck a utility pole and tree before landing on its passenger side in the parking lot of 1128 Murfreesboro Pike. Several bystanders heard the crash and then extricated him from the vehicle. He died at the scene.
There was evidence of alcohol use on the scene and toxicology testing will be conducted to determine whether impairment played a role in this fatal crash. At this time, the preliminary contributing factor to the crash is excessive speed and failure to maintain lane.
SOURCE: Metro Nashville PD
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
More Interesting WGNS News Headlines:
- Murfreesboro Police Vehicles to Have AED Units On Board
- Over $1,000 in Candles Stolen from Murfreesboro Store
- Photos of “Persons of Interest” Released by Murfreesboro Police in Theft Case
- Man Arrested in Murfreesboro Allegedly Gives MPD 3-Different Names
- Make Sure You Thank a Nurse This Week
- Job Fair to be Held on June 9th in Murfreesboro
- Earbud Buddies Accused of Earbud Theft at Old Fort Pkwy Store
- MTSU High Jumper Aims for Olympics
- Drug Trafficking Intercepted in Murfreesboro Area
- 14-Year-Old Accused of Stealing a School Bus