RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN - VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is inviting Middle Tennesseans to celebrate Pride Month at the Pride Counts at TVHS event on Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at the Alvin C. York VA in Murfreesboro. The VA reports the Pride Counts at TVHS is a free community event dedicated to celebrating LGBTQ+ Veterans and there are more than one million LGBTQ+ Veterans in the United States.
“Sexual orientation and identify matter in health care,” Dr. Nicholas Denton, TVHS LGBTQ+ Veteran Care Coordinator said. “LGBTQ+ Veterans are at a higher risk for health care challenges due to stigma and discrimination. That’s why it’s so vital to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment. VA serves all Veterans who served.”
The Murfreesboro event takes place on June 14th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Alvin C. York VA courtyard and will offer guests a catered lunch. Also on the 14th, both Veterans and the community will have an opportunity to learn about VA programs.
To learn more about Pride Counts or about the VA, visit www.va.gov/tennessee-valley-health-care/health-services/lgbtq-veteran-care/ for details on LGBTQ+ health care at TVHS.
Nashville – In Davidson County, Middle Tennesseans are invited to celebrate Pride Month at the Pride Counts event scheduled for June 7, 2023. The Music City event will be at the Nashville VA. The Nashville event is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. outside the Nashville VA ACRE building. There will be food trucks on site and Veterans will have a chance to learn more about their VA benefits and health care that is available to Veterans on Wednesday, June 7th.
More - VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is an integrated tertiary health care system comprised of two hospitals, the Alvin C. York campus in Murfreesboro and the Nashville campus, as well as 19 community-based outpatient clinics located in Tennessee and Kentucky. TVHS provides ambulatory care, primary care, and secondary care in acute medicine and surgery, specialized tertiary care, transplant services, spinal cord injury outpatient care, and a full range of extended care and mental health services.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- City of Murfreesboro Impact Fee on New Home Construction and More
- Rutherford County Mayor Aims to Establish an Impact Fee or Development Tax
- A Soldier’s Child Announces NEW Solid Black Specialty License Plate
- One Arrested for Attempted Murder in Murfreesboro
- UPDATE: Mixed-Use Development in Downtown Murfreesboro Still Moving Forward
- Rutherford County Schools will Completely Rezone All Local Schools
- UPDATE: Suspect in Franklin, TN Teen Sexual Groping Case Arrested
- UPDATE: 4-Year-Old Dies in Shooting at a Nashville Intersection
- APPEAL DENIED: Man Files Appeal After THC Related DUI and Sentencing
- Nashville Superspeedway and Rackley Roofing Show Support for MTSU Daniels Center
- House and Senate Members from Rutherford Co. Push for Better Updates to Hospital Bed Availability