(La Vergne, Tenn.) Murfreesboro Road was shut down on August 25th in the eastbound direction due to a multi-vehicle crash that included a Rutherford County School bus in LaVergne. No students were on the bus at the time, and no one was injured.
LaVerne Police were initially alerted by the license plate reader (LPR) Blue Sentinel system to a stolen vehicle. Once they located the vehicle, the driver sped off, initiating a pursuit. Shortly after, the vehicle crashed into a school bus that was crossing Murfreesboro Road. Two females and one male inside the suspect vehicle exited and took off on foot. All three were taken into custody. One was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
Three other vehicles were involved in the wreck. No one was injured. The road had to be shut down for well over an hour and reopened around 5PM. The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the crash, according to LaVergne authorities.
MORE WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Skatepark to be built in Murfreesboro
- Unemployment Numbers for Murfreesboro, Smyrna and LaVergne are LOW
- Road Rage Shooting Remains Under Investigation in Rutherford Co.
- Human Life Protection Act Started on Thursday
- Smyrna Native Graduates as Army Motor Transportation Specialist
- Murfreesboro Police Looking for Porch Pirate
- Annual MTE Meeting will be This Saturday
- Locally Operated TwelveStone Health a TOP 5,000 Business in the Nation
- 'The Middle Half' in Murfreesboro Comes to a Close This October - Last Race
- MPD and Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Pay Honor to Fallen Officers
- Smyrna Police Search for 'Person of Interest' in Agg. Assault Call