In Nashville, a Rutherford County resident was killed in a two-vehicle collision Monday at 7:15 a.m. The accident occurred in the 3100 block of Hobson Pike and the man killed has been identified as John Taylor III. The 61-year-old LaVergne, TN resident was driving a 2005 Honda Accord when he was struck by a 2013 Cadillac sedan.
The driver of the Cadillac was 37-year-old Kevin J. Carter. Metro Police report Carter was traveling south on Hobson Pike when, for an unknown reason, he failed to negotiate the curve in the roadway. Authorities say he traveled into on-coming traffic and collided with the 2005 Honda Accord driven by Taylor who died at the scene.
Officers reported that Carter was transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. There was no evidence of alcohol/drug involvement at the scene. Both drivers were wearing their seatbelts.
Source: Metro Nashville Police
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional News Headlines You May Have Missed on WGNS:
- Local Speeding Ticket Goes to the TN Court of Appeals
- Hummingbird Banding at Murfreesboro Hummingbird Festival
- Swindling Case in Murfreesboro at local Walmart Store
- Shelbyville Man Shot and Killed
- Fire at Bill Rice Ranch
- MTSU Helps with Heat Mapping for At Risk Population
- Gas Prices This Week in Rutherford County, TN
- Annual Paws & Pearls Event
- Monkeypox and COVID Numbers are UP
- Rutherford Co. Sheriff Participates in School Safety Summit
- For those Age 60+, Meet New Friends and Stay Healthy
- Most Unfaithful Cities for Marriages