Around 5 o’clock on Sunday evening (09/11/22), there was a serious auto accident on I-24, two miles from the Joe B. Jackson interchange. As a result of the wreck, a 23-year-old woman had to be flown by LifeFlight Helicopter to a hospital in Nashville.
Desiree McDaniel of Murfreesboro was driving a Nissan Altima in the west-bound lane of I-24, heading towards the Murfreesboro City Limits when the crash occurred. The Tennessee Highway Patrol told WGNS that Ms. McDaniel initiated a lane change near mile-marker 86 when her vehicle hydroplaned, causing her Altima to exit the roadway and spin into the guardrail. After striking the guardrail, her car spun around to the south, “where it came to a final and uncontrolled rest,” according to the THP.
The preliminary accident report filed by the THP this past Sunday showed that McDaniel was wearing a seatbelt. Reports also indicate the wet road conditions were believed to be a contributing factor in McDaniel losing control of her car. No charges will be filed in this case and Ms. McDaniel’s condition after the accident have not been released.
MORE WGNS News Headlines:
- Rutherford County Sheriff's Office Warns of Scam
- 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb
- Stewarts Creek High School Grad is Abord the USS Boxer
- Car Stolen in Nashville Wrecked in Rutherford County
- VOTE to have More Outdoor Music Concerts in Downtown Murfreesboro
- Former Rutherford County Teacher Indicted by a Grand Jury
- Woman and Son Reported as MISSING in Murfreesboro area