(MIDDLE TN) For the second time this year in nearby Nashville, TN, an investigation by the Specialized Investigations Division detectives has led to the arrest of Stephen Robertson, 31, for making threats against Tom Joy Head Start school on Lischey Avenue in East Nashville.
A concerned citizen contacted police after they saw social media posts by Robertson referencing bombing the school and other acts of violence. He admitted to making the posts. Robertson is charged with threatening mass violence against a school, reporting a false emergency, and being a fugitive from justice out of Hopkinsville, Kentucky, where he was wanted for failure to appear on an evidence destruction charge. He is being held in lieu of $135,000 bond.
At the time of his arrest, Robertson was on probation for his May arrest.
Source: Metro Nashville Police
Previous Article: Arrest made in bomb threat that was called into a Nashville school - WGNS Radio
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
More WGNS News Headlines:
- UPDATE: Shots Fired Call this past Saturday Night Outside of Local Mall on Old Fort Pkwy
- Sunday Afternoon Shooting - Man in Stable Condition
- MPD Canceled "BOLO" For Man in Alleged Liquor Store Theft
- Uncle Dave Macon Days in Murfreesboro at New Location This October
- Gas Prices Remain Under $3 Per Gallon in Rutherford County This Week
Latest WGNS Podcasts:
- Latest WGNS PODCAST: We recently talked to Schools Director Dr. Sullivan
- New WGNS Podcast: Host J. Paul Newman talks to Asst. Dist. Attorney about DUI Offenses in TN
- Rutherford Issues: Bryan Barrett talks to the Child Advocacy Center