(RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TENN) Tennessee has the 7th lowest price of regular unleaded fuel in the nation right now, with an average price of $3.24 per gallon throughout the Volunteer State.
Throughout Rutherford County, Wednesday marked the first day in over 12-months that LaVergne had the cheapest average price of regular unleaded fuel. The average price at the pump in LaVergne is ringing in at $3.09 per gallon. Murfreesboro comes in second, with an average price-per-gallon of $3.11 (regular unleaded). The Town of Smyrna has the third lowest price of gas – as of Wednesday morning, with gas stations charging an average price of $3.14 per gallon.
Throughout Middle Tennessee, Rutherford County has one of the lowest average prices on gas. When looking at all of Rutherford County, which includes rural gas stations in places like Eagleville, Lascassas, Christiana and more, the average price-at-the-pump for regular unleaded gas is $3.23 per gallon.
In neighboring Wilson County, the Lebanon / Mt. Juliet area has Rutherford County beat on fuel prices, with an average price-per-gallon ringing in at $3.21. In Davidson County, home to Nashville – the average price-per-gallon is $3.26. Bedford County’s average price-per-gallon is $3.31, Cannon County is $3.29 per gallon and Coffee County is $3.25 per gallon. Williamson County prices are once again the highest in the state, where the average price of regular unleaded gas is $3.60.
National Price at the Pump: When this week started on Monday, November 14th, the national average price of gasoline had fallen 2.6 cents per gallon, when compared to last week. Monday’s national average was $3.76 per gallon. By Wednesday, that price had dropped even lower to land at $3.74 per gallon.
The national average is up by 34-cents when compared to prices at this time last year in November of 2021. If we go back even further, it looks as if the cheapest year for gas on this day over the past 10-years was recorded in year 2020. On November 14, 2020, the U.S. average price-per-gallon stood at $2.13 (regular unleaded).
10-Year Historical Look Back at U.S. Gas Prices:
- November 14, 2021: U.S. Average: $3.40/g
- November 14, 2020: U.S. Average: $2.13/g
- November 14, 2019: U.S. Average: $2.62/g
- November 14, 2018: U.S. Average: $2.67/g
- November 14, 2017: U.S. Average: $2.57/g
- November 14, 2016: U.S. Average: $2.15/g
- November 14, 2015: U.S. Average: $2.17/g
- November 14, 2014: U.S. Average: $2.90/g
- November 14, 2013: U.S. Average: $3.18/g
- November 14, 2012: U.S. Average: $3.44/g
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines (Read More):
- Politics and Politicians After the Election - Media Commentary
- UPDATE: Teen Taken into Custody After Bringing BB / Pellet Gun to Riverdale HS
- UPDATE: Woman and her Son Still Missing from Murfreesboro
- 242 Citations Written in Operation Fall Brakes 2.0
- Tennessee Ranks at #17 When it Comes to Spending on Medical / Hospital Care
- MTSU and the Veterans Stole Ceremony
- Book Groups, Artist and More to Meet in Murfreesboro Regularly
- Attorney John Day Offering Continuing Education Credits for Lawyers