Exterior Home Fire Caused by Unattended Outdoor Pit Fire on Thursday Morning

Mar 16, 2023 at 10:30 am by WGNS News

Click to see more photos

A small house fire, which could have turned much worse, was reported on Thursday morning in downtown Murfreesboro. The fire was reported at 443 East College Street, which is an older home that is divided into separate apartments. One witness on the scene told WGNS News that the fire was extinguished by the Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department and there was minimal damage.

Evidently, a tenant at the home reported to firefighters that he used a fire pit last night and didn’t put it out.  On Tuesday morning around 9:03 a.m., someone noticed small flames rising from the fire pit. As a result, the side of the house was scorched, causing only minor exterior damage. 


Thankfully, no one was injured in the mishap. A MFRD Fire Marshal’s Office investigator was sent to scene to the scene to further investigate.  

Additional WGNS News Headlines:


Sections: News