MURFREESBORO, TN - Murfreesboro Medical Clinic continues to recover from the criminal cyber-attack on their computer systems that started on April 22nd and rapidly grew all encompassing on Sunday, April 30, 2023. What was described as a highly sophisticated attack led to the complete shutdown of the practice to avoid any further damage to their system, but more importantly to further protect patient and staff information. For patients or staff worried about their banking information being stolen, Murfreesboro Medical CEO Joey Peay told WGNS...One week after the initial shut-down of MMC, many facets of the clinic remain closed.
On Monday evening, MMC announced that laboratory and radiology services at all locations will remain closed at this time. However, medical offices in the Gateway district to include their Garrison Drive and The Fountains address, will be open on Tuesday (May 9). According to an email WGNS received on Monday evening, their newest South Church Street office will also be open on Tuesday. All other location will remain closed.
Most surgeries and Gastroenterology procedures in the MMC SurgiCenter at Garrison Drive will resume as normally scheduled on Tuesday and patients have been contacted. The Pediatric and Family Medicine walk-in clinics at Garrison Drive will be open between the hours of 8 AM and 4:30 PM on Tuesday, along with the MMC Now Family Walk-In Clinic at the South Church Street location (also known as HWY 231 S). The Walk-In Clinic on South Church Street will be open from 7:30 in the morning until 7:30 at night. All other MMC Now locations will remain closed.
At last report, Murfreesboro Medical Clinic continues to work with authorities to investigate the criminal cyber-attack and to upgrade their systems to ward off any future attacks. The CEO stated... Again, not all MMC offices will be open on Tuesday. For additional information, CLICK HERE or scroll down to see more individual office location information from MMC. To read more and hear additional details from the WGNS interview with MMC CEO Joey Peay, please visit our previous news story HERE.
MMC Update for Tuesday, May 9, 2023:
- Patients have been contacted with important information regarding their visit.
Please be vigilant in watching for phone calls or text messages from MMC.
- Laboratory and Radiology services at all locations will remain closed.
- MMC Garrison Drive, South Church and The Fountains locations OPEN. Other locations remain closed.
- Most Surgeries & Gastroenterology procedures in the MMC SurgiCenter at Garrison Drive will resume as normally scheduled on Tuesday, May 9, 2023. Patients have been contacted.
- Pediatrics and Internal & Family Medicine Walk-In Clinics at Garrison Drive OPEN 8am-4:30pm.
- MMC Now Family Walk-In at South Church OPEN Tue. 7:30am-7:30pm.
- All other MMC NOW locations remain closed, other than the ones mentioned above.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- California Man Arrested in Murfreesboro Police After MPD Intercepts Fentanyl Pills
- 1-Intruder Killed After Alleged Home Invasion
- 14-Year-old Accused of Stealing a School Bus just outside of Rutherford Co.
- Local Officers Honor Fallen Rutherford Co. Sheriff's Detective
- Unknown Subject Attempts to Break Into Murfreesboro Collectible Store
- Commentary by County Commissioner Craig Harris: All the Different Generations
- UPDATE: Saving AM Radio from Vehicles in the United States