(MURFREESBORO) There was a single-vehicle fatal accident at 5:49 Sunday morning. The deadly wreck occurred on Lascassas Pike near Hazelwood Street. The Murfreesboro Police Fatal Accident Crash Team (FACT) gathered evidence and talked to witnesses when they arrived on the scene.
There was a significant amount of debris at the wreck site and investigators did not want to destroy any evidence, so to keep their evidence secure, officers closed down Lascassas Pike. The roadway was closed to thru traffic between Middle Tennessee and Northfield Boulevards for approximately 1-hour.
The name of the deceased will not be released until family members have been notified. NewsRadio WGNS will keep you informed.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Great Tennessee Air Show on June 10-11th
- Local High School Students Named Bassmaster Champions
- Smyrna Victim Held Hostage - Two Wanted Persons
- City of Murfreesboro Impact Fee on New Home Construction and More
- Rutherford County Mayor Aims to Establish an Impact Fee or Development Tax
- One Shot in Leg During Murfreesboro Shooting Incident
- Hundreds of Dollars in Liquor Allegedly Shoplifted in Murfreesboro
- A Soldier’s Child Announces NEW Solid Black Specialty License Plate
- Over $1,400 in Scented Candles Reportedly Stolen in the 'Boro
- 250 Citations Issued by Traffic Task Force in Rutherford County in 12-Hours
- One Arrested for Attempted Murder in Murfreesboro
- UPDATE: Mixed-Use Development in Downtown Murfreesboro Still Moving Forward
- Rutherford County Schools will Completely Rezone All Local Schools
- UPDATE: Suspect in Franklin, TN Teen Sexual Groping Case Arrested
- UPDATE: 4-Year-Old Dies in Shooting at a Nashville Intersection
- APPEAL DENIED: Man Files Appeal After THC Related DUI and Sentencing
- Nashville Superspeedway and Rackley Roofing Show Support for MTSU Daniels Center
- House and Senate Members from Rutherford Co. Push for Better Updates to Hospital Bed Availability