MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Murfreesboro Police Officers responded to 1501 Molloy Lane in reference to reports of a shooting at 4:13 am, Wednesday, August 31.
According to Public Information Officer Larry Flowers, "A 20-year-old male suffered a gunshot wound in the parking lot. He was transported to Saint Thomas of Rutherford where he is in stable condition." Molloy Lane, where the shooting was reported, is off the New Salem Highway and next to the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office. The address of where the man was shot is a company called Adient US, LLC in Murfreesboro. It is a company that makes automotive seats.
Witnesses are being interviewed by investigators. The crime scene is being processed at the above address. Police activity will continue throughout the morning as the scene is being processed. The investigation is ongoing. This does not appear to be a random incident. Reports indicate a person of interest has been detained and is being interviewed.
WGNS will continue to follow this story.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional News Headlines You May Have Missed on WGNS:
- Clerk Shot and Killed During Smyrna Armed Robbery Attempt
- Pick Your Own Grapes for Free, Learn About Growing Grapes
- Siegel High Celebrates AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- Amelia’s Closet to hold Project ReStyle Fashion Show and Competition
- Fatal Accident in Metro Nashville Area Leaves Rutherford Co. Man Dead
- More Residential and Retail Space to be Built in Downtown Murfreesboro
- Local Speeding Ticket Goes to the TN Court of Appeals
- Hummingbird Banding at Murfreesboro Hummingbird Festival