(RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TENN.) It’s time to have some “good food and fun” at Toot’s while raising funds to take students shopping for Christmas. Rutherford County Sheriff’s School Resource Officers will collect donations at three Toot’s restaurants for Rutherford County students whose families need help providing Christmas presents to their children, said SRO Capt. Brad Harrison.
SRO's and Sheriff’s Citizens Academy Alumni Association members will ask Toot’s diners for donations during the Shop with the Sheriff fundraiser from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 6 at Toot’s restaurants at 860 N.W. Broad Street, Toot’s West at 4213 Franklin Road and Toot’s South at 2992 S. Church Street in Murfreesboro.
“Shop with the Sheriff provides an opportunity for children who would otherwise would not have a Christmas,” Harrison said. The children are chosen by school administrators, faculty, guidance counselor and SROs.
Toot’s Director of Operations Nick Hays said Toot's is honored to be the venue for Shop with the Sheriff. “It is an amazing feeling to be able to assist in providing a Christmas to families who are in need,” Hays said. “We appreciate all those who come out to support these families. In what seems like a world of negativity, this event shows the kindness and compassion of the citizens of Rutherford County.”
Harrison thanked Toot’s and its customers for allowing the Sheriff’s Office to conduct the fund-raiser each year. “We appreciate Toot’s owners, managers, servers and cooks and their customers for their roles in making sure children can experience a Merry Christmas,” Harrison said.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Lot's of Shoplifting Cases in Rutherford County and Beyond
- Trash Problems in Rutherford County - Waste Transfer Station?
- State Urges Biosecurity to Prevent Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza
- Drive-Thru Christmas Light Display in Murfreesboro (FREE)
- New Business Filings in Tennessee Highest Ever for a 3rd Quarter
- Murfreesboro Police Investigating Bank Fraud Case
- Shoplifting Incident at Old Fort Parkway Store
- Female Allegedly Held Captive for 3-Days
- Friday Tree Lighting on Historic Square
- Commentary about Keeping Up with Technology
- 39% of Tennessee Mortgages in 2021 were 3% or Under
- Local Hospital Inspired by Greenhouse Ministries and Giving Back
- Local Restaurant Featured on America’s Best Restaurants