Few details are being released about a fatal accident that occurred on I-840 early Tuesday morning (01/10/2023). In fact, not even a preliminary crash report is being released on the wreck that happened near the Arno Road exit, about 5-miles past the Triune / Arrington exit on I-840-West.
Both vehicles that were involved in the incident were believed to be in the westbound lane when they collided. One vehicle slammed into a guardrail while the other vehicle went into the grassy median divide. As a result of the accident, one person died in the crash and another was transported to a nearby hospital with what were described as critical injuries.
On Wednesday, the Tennessee Highway Patrol told WGNS NEWS, “After consultation with the district attorney’s office, any additional information will be released after the investigation is completed.” As of Wednesday night, the names of those involved in the wreck have not been made public.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- MPD Needs Help with Local Shoplifting Case
- In-N-Out Burger Announces Plans to Invest Over $125-Million in New Offices
- Missing Teen has been Safely Located
- Newly Elected State Representative for Rutherford Co. Sworn In
- Serious Auto Accident on Tuesday, 5-Transported to Hospital
- Annual Report on Tennessee Child Wellbeing Finds Decline in Poverty
- Trial Date Set for Final Suspect in Terry Barber Murder Case
- Murfreesboro City Schools Hosting Job Fair
- Rutherford Co. Chamber Announces Distinguished Award Recipients
- The 2023 Bonnaroo Music Concert Announces Artist Lineup
- Deadly Accident on I-840 Tuesday Morning