Murfreesboro, TN - A man who was killed in a Nashville motorcycle accident on Rosa L. Parks Boulevard lived in Murfreesboro and attended New Vision Baptist Church, where he routinely volunteered. 28-Year-old Matthew D. Freer, who is originally from Kentucky, graduated high school in Watertown, Tennessee in nearby Wilson County.
After graduating from Watertown High School, he began training to become a welder at the Tennessee College of Applied Technology in Murfreesboro. He later transitioned into the healthcare industry and enrolled in college to earn a degree in nursing.
Freer was actively involved in church at New Vision Baptist and was a part of the church security team, which he enjoyed very much. His obituary stated, "Matt was considered by many to be a good friend, an enjoyable person, and a blessing to those around him."
The collision occurred this past Sunday at 2 p.m. in Nashville. Evidently, his newly purchased motorcycle collided with a Mercedes 4-door sedan at the intersection of Rosa L. Parks Boulevard and Monroe Street. The driver of the sedan, 50-year-old Willie Taylor Jr., was traveling east on Rosa L. Parks Boulevard where he reported that he was turning left onto Monroe Street when his car was struck on the passenger side by the motorcyclist. Taylor told officers that he was turning with the green arrow.
The Metro Police investigation continues into confirming who had the right of way. Freer was transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center where he died. There were no signs of impairment on behalf of Taylor.
Matt Freer is survived by his mother Cindy Wise Freer Conley and stepfather Keven Conley; his sister, Bethany Freer; brother, Larry Freer; father, Timothy Freer; grandparents, Larry and Shirley Wise and Mary Ann Freer;
A Celebration of Life will be held at 1:00 pm, Friday, April 14, 2023 at New Vision Baptist Church with Pastor Nick Person officiating. Burial will be in Salem Cemetery in Liberty, TN with the New Vision Security Team serving as pallbearers. Jennings and Ayers are in charge of arrangements.
More WGNS News Headlines:
- Murfreesboro Police Investigate $7,500+ Fraud/Theft Case at Local Walmart
- Dashcam Caught Semi-Truck Overturn in Murfreesboro
- House Fire in Christiana area is Under Investigation
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford to Host Artist at the Alley
- LaVergne: Community Meetings Scheduled for Zoning Ordinance Discussion
- New Neighborhood and Annexation of Murfreesboro Along Hwy 99
- Telecommunicators of the Year Announced
- Local Non Profit Plans to Host a Family Event Day on April 29th
- One Rutherford County Community Bans the Retail Sale of Dogs and Cats
- Rutherford County High School Senior Killed in Accident
- Murfreesboro to Make Repairs on Wetland Boardwalk
- Tractor Trailer Truck Overturns on the New Salem Highway
- Murfreesboro Police Working to Identify Purse Theft Suspect
- Medical Study: 2-Medications Ineffective for Treating Severe COVID
- 50th Anniversary for Riverdale and Oakland High Schools
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
- House Sitter Rutherford Co. Saved Thanks to Phone Call from England