(MURFREESBORO, TN) AdamsPlace in Murfreesboro celebrated their 25th anniversary on Friday. From grilled hamburgers to a water-slide, the event was enjoyed by everyone. AdamsPlace Executive Director Terri Deal stated... The age range of those who enjoyed the slip n' slide may surprise you... Those who tried it, really enjoyed the ride – that likely stirred up memories of their younger days... Senior Helpers, a local organization that co-sponsored the event, provided the slip n' slide on Friday that was a huge hit, thanks to Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue workers who helped to ensure those who slid, didn't slip! As for the food, TwelveStone Health Partners was in charge of the grill that was busy the entire day.
Adams Place is a senior living facility that is home to residential independent living, a memory care unit, a 90-bed health care center that focuses on rehabilitation and more.
Hear the complete 2-minute interview by WGNS' Scott Walker...
AdamsPlace was founded by the late Dr. Carl E. Adams, a physician and lifelong resident of Middle Tennessee. Dr. Adams and Jennie Mae Adams had a long-held dream of building a “campus concept” of lifecare facilities for older adults. Their objective was to provide older adults with a beautiful, secure, and caring environment as they aged, free from the daily worries of cooking, cleaning, and caring for a home.
More WGNS Radio News Headlines:
- Man Claiming to be Sheriff's Sgt. Calling Local Starbucks - Harassing Employees by Name
- Fraud that possibly started at a Bellevue ice cream shop
- Home Invasion on Bradyville Pike
- Subject Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Cash Tampered Check
- Rutherford County Man Arrested in Internet Crimes Against Children Case
- Scam Artist Tries to Withdraw Cash in Murfreesboro from the Account of Texas Woman
- Tennessee Unemployment Rate is UP Slightly
- LaVergne Fire Department offers new program to residents
- UPDATE: Daylighting Town Creek in Murfreesboro
- Education Commissioner and Lawmakers to Host Community Forum