(RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN) An accident involving a tractor-trailer truck occurred on Interstate 24 in the eastbound lane heading out of Murfreesboro and towards Chattanooga on Thursday morning. The crash at mile marker 82 delayed traffic for well over two hours, starting at 7:59 Thursday morning. The tractor-trailer truck that overturned was a U.S. Postal Service truck.
The Sheriff’s Office reported, “A tractor-trailer crash closed one lane and the shoulder of Interstate 24 toward Chattanooga near the South Church Street interchange.” The on ramp at South Church Street to I-24 had to be temporarily blocked while the driver of the big rig was treated by paramedics on the scene of the crash Thursday morning. Deputies’ set-up an alternate route for motorist to merge onto I-24 at Joe B. Jackson Parkway.
Additional responding agencies included the Murfreesboro Fire Department, Rutherford County Emergency Medical Services and the Tennessee Department of Transportation. The Highway Patrol confirmed the truck was hauling U.S. Mail.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Murfreesboro Police Make Arrest in Multi-State Case
- More Aparartments and Condos in Murfreesboro area
- See the Gingerbread Houses in Auburntown
- Shoplifting in Rutherford County - How Many Cases?
- Trash Problems in Rutherford County - Waste Transfer Station?
- State Urges Biosecurity to Prevent Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza
- Drive-Thru Christmas Light Display in Murfreesboro (FREE)
- New Business Filings in Tennessee Highest Ever for a 3rd Quarter
- Murfreesboro Police Investigating Bank Fraud Case
- Shoplifting Incident at Old Fort Parkway Store
- Female Allegedly Held Captive for 3-Days
- Friday Tree Lighting on Historic Square
- Commentary about Keeping Up with Technology
- 39% of Tennessee Mortgages in 2021 were 3% or Under
- Local Hospital Inspired by Greenhouse Ministries and Giving Back