MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – The Rocky Horror Show is set to open Friday, October 7, at The Center for the Arts.
Director Keri Boe shares, “As with any stage production turned movie, there are slight differences in what you can expect to see on stage with this show. But, the energy, feel, and story are still there. We have done the shadow cast here at the Center for the Arts in the past, but I am beyond thrilled to be working with this cast of amazing individuals, and super talented live musicians who have come together to provide their audiences with a live, interactive, and immersive night of fun that you have come to expect from The Rocky Horror Show. We encourage you to come in costume! After all, we will be. We want everyone to come take that jump to the left with us. After all, ‘Don’t Dream It, Be it!’.”
“We also have several MTSU students participating in this show. We are thrilled to welcome these students and have them involved in our local community theatre,” shares Mark David Williams, Artistic Director.
Tickets for adults start at $16 and are currently on sale at boroarts.org, by calling 615-904-ARTS (2787), or at the Center for the Arts Box Office, 110 West College Street, in downtown Murfreesboro.
One fateful night, Brad Majors and his fiancée, Janet Weiss — a wholesome, well-behaved, utterly normal young couple in love — innocently set out to visit an old professor. Unfortunately for them, this night out is destined to be one they will never forget. A thunderstorm and a flat tire force them to seek help at the castle of Dr. Frank ’N’ Furter. Brad, Janet, and Frank’ N’ Furter’s cohorts are swept up into the scientist’s latest experiment. The night’s misadventures will cause Brad and Janet to question everything they’ve known about themselves, each other, love, and lust. A loving homage to the classic B sci-fi film and horror genres with an irresistible rock’n’roll score, The Rocky Horror Show is a hilarious, wild musical ride that no audience will soon forget.
The Rocky Horror Show is rated R and runs Friday, October 7, through Saturday, October 15.
The Rocky Horror Show PERFORMANCE DATES:
- Fri, October 7, 2022, at 7:30 pm
- Sat, October 8, 2022, at 7:30 pm
- Sat, October 8, 2022, at 11:59 pm
- Fri, October 14, 2022, at 7:30 pm
- Sat, October 15, 2022, at 7:30 pm
- Sat, October 15, 2022, at 11:59 pm
THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW
Adult $18.00; Senior (60+)/Student/Military: $16.00
Discount of $2.00/ticket for groups of 10 or more. Call 615-904-2787 for group reservations.
FOR TICKETS, PLEASE VISIT BOROARTS.ORG OR CALL 615-904-2787
More WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Rutherford County Mayor Announces Appointee to New Chief of Staff Position
- Man was shot and killed in Murfreesboro McDonald's Parking Lot
- Walk 4 Water Event in Smyrna on Oct. 16th
- Commentary: Sports Reporting and News Reporting - Are they the same?
MTSU Professor Dives into This Puzzling Question
- Rutherford Co. Mayor Suggests the Middle Point Landfill Could Close in 3-Years
- DUI Arrests a Mix of Alcohol and Drug Use in Rutherford County
- MTE Crews Headed to Aid in Recovery of Hurricane Ian
- Need a New Friend? How about a dog from PAWS?
- Incident at Siegel High School Wednesday - Some Students Arrested
- Suspect Charged with Attempted First Degree Murder
- Man Charged with Robbery of $9 and Theft of $20
- MTSU Vs. WKU - Ongoing Bleed Blue Blood Drive - 13th Year
- The Most Recent Housing Report for Tennessee